The worldwide soil conditioner market, which was valued at USD 1.8 billion in 2021, is poised for robust growth, with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during the forecast period. This growth is primarily driven by the continued expansion of the agricultural sector and the need to address the declining availability of arable land.
Agricultural Sector Expansion Fuels Market Growth
The global soil conditioner market is experiencing significant growth, thanks in large part to the continued expansion of the agricultural sector. In recent years, the world has witnessed a decline in available arable land, making the need for effective soil conditioners more critical than ever. The commercialization and modernization of agricultural methods, coupled with increasing awareness of soil and nutrition management, are also contributing to the markets growth.
Demand for Improved Soil Nutrient Management and Food Security
The demand for improved soil nutrient management and food security is further propelling the soil conditioner market forward. Advancements in agricultural techniques and commercial elements are favorably impacting the global market. Organic soil conditioners, such as animal manure, worm compost, crop residue, food waste, sewage sludge, and peat moss, are providing sustainable solutions to enhance soil ecology, fertility, porosity, and nutrient uptake.
Challenges and Opportunities
While the soil conditioner market is poised for growth, it faces challenges such as the high price of soil conditioners, low adoption rates, the high cost of inorganic soil conditioners, and farmers preference for low-quality products. Additionally, issues related to low awareness and the cost of soil management techniques may hinder market expansion. However, booming emerging countries, technological advancements, and increasing applications for soil conditioners present promising opportunities for growth.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a limited impact on the soil conditioner market. Despite supply chain disruptions and lockdown restrictions, the market has remained relatively stable. Decreased consumer demand has put pressure on soil conditioner production costs and prices, according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Increased Consumption of Organic Soil Conditioners: Organic farming practices have gained traction worldwide, driving the demand for natural conditioners. The rising popularity of organic, fresh foods is influencing farmers preferences for natural conditioners.
- Precision Farming Methods: Precision farming, which utilizes electronic tools, remote sensing, and computer models to monitor soil quality and crop growth, is boosting the soil conditioner market. This approach is particularly prevalent in developed markets like North America and Europe.
- High Cost of Inorganic Soil Conditioners: The high cost of inorganic soil conditioners and the labor-intensive process of choosing the right conditioner are hindering market growth. Low adoption rates and a lack of awareness are also contributing factors.
- Loam Soil Dominates: Loam soil, known for its water retention and fertility, dominates the market due to its extensive use in gardening and agriculture applications.
- Cereals and Grains: The cereals and grains segment leads the market, driven by the increasing global population and food consumption.
- Asia-Pacific Dominance: The Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold the largest market share in 2021 and witness the highest growth rate. Increased residential and commercial projects, especially in China, are contributing to market growth.
- North America: The United States, with its advanced farming practices and strong regulatory support, is the second-largest market.
Key players in the global soil conditioner market include BASF, UPL, Syngenta, Novozymes, Solvay, Evonik Industries, and more. These companies are investing in product innovation and expansion to meet the growing demand for soil conditioners.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/soil-conditioner-market
Visit Our Blogs:
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Atlas Story journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.